Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Stone Corral Vineyard 2005 Edna Valley Pinot Noir by Talley Vineyards


Strolling through Winecask Wine Store in Santa Barbara we saw a bottle of the Stone Corral Vineyard 2005 Edna Valley Pinot Noir produced by Talley Vineyards. We have enjoyed several vintages of their Rincon Vineyard and Rosemary Vineyard Pinot Noir, and having heard about the newer Stone Corral Vineyard, but never tasted it, we just had to give it a try. At $55 a bottle we saved it for enjoyment with a Saturday night dinner.

This wine has a clear, dark garnet color in the glass.
The nose shows floral notes, raspberry, and subtle round oak.
The palate displaying raspberry, restrained cherry, spice and notes of green tea. The fruit persistant and showing throughout the whole palate. Relatively high acidity and tight tannins with a “green” finish.

We really liked this complex, still refined pinot with plentiful fruit that made a statement without being to large or lush. Although very enjoyable right now I would definitely put this away for a year or two as for the tannins to loose the green edge and become more integrated.
Only 2328 bottles were produced of this vintage and you can find it at Wine-Searcher.com form $44.99.


Vote for my blog here and help me reach top 10 on The Blog Top!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a
different web page and thought I should check things out.
I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to looking over your
web page for a second time.

Review my web site: work online