Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Robert Craig 2003 Central Coast Syrah


Robert Craig 2003 Central Coast Syrah is made from fruit from vineyards in Los Olivos, Santa Ynez Valley, and Paso Robles.
It shows a vivid clear, dark garnet color in the glass. Lifting the glass to my nose black currant, dark cherry, dark raspberry, black licorice and a hint of smoked meat and vanilla meets me. On the palate an array of big ripe, and at the same time slightly earthy, fruit and berries with dark cherry, blackberry, with peppery notes, displays. The tannins are big and soft in this medium to full bodied wine.
I enjoyed this wine. It has a lot of nuances and is big and bold at the same time as it has some finesse. For the price it is a good choice.

The original price at the winery was $30. I found it at the local grocery store at sale for only $ 20.

2 comments:

Velvet Fog said...

I need to move.
My grocery stores only carry things like Sutter Home White Zinfandel.
This sound fabulous, and I will seek it out.
Thanks!

Victoria said...

We just had a new large "gourmet" store (same style as Whole Foods) come this spring to our area. They carry a great selection of wine, not only Gallo and Turning Leaf...
Good luck with finding the wine!

Cheers, Victoria