Monday, December 17, 2007

Robert Craig 2002 Mt. Veeder Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

I went over to my neighbors last night to give them some homemade Christmas treats and I got a treat right back in form of a glass of Robert Craig 2002 Mt. Veeder Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
I have had the Robert Craig Affinity (their Bordeaux blend) at several occasions before and always enjoyed it, but this wine was definitely a notch up.

The color in the glass is a deep red garnet color. Big ripe berries, black cherry and black currant meets you at the nose with oak and vanilla notes. The palate is equally lush with dark berries, black currant, and a long finish with violet candy, black liquorice notes, and supple, well integrated tannins with matching acidity.

This was a really good glass of wine and as soon as I finished my glass I wished I had a bottle waiting at home. The quality of the wine very much matches the price tag; available from $60 at Wine-Searcher.com. I would happily spend my money on this wine any day.


Vote for my blog here and help me reach top 10 on The Blog Top!

No comments: