Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Amador Foothill Winery 2005 Shenandoah Valley Sauvignon Blanc


Another half bottle from my local grocery store that I had to try... The 375 ml bottles are convenient and perfect when you just want a glass of wine and don't want to pop open a whole, 750 ml, bottle.

The Amador Foothill Winery 2005 Shenandoah Valley Sauvignon Blanc is made from 80% Sauvignon Blanc and 20% Semillon.
It has a golden, light, straw color in the glass, and the nose shows prominently apple, but also citrus and green pear.
The wine has a round mouth feel with apple, citrus, slight spice, and touch of minerals. The finish is long and carries good acidity.

The very round mouth feel made this wine feel slightly to rich for my preference, considering it is a Sauvignon Blanc. I prefer a more lighter and crisper style. However if this is not the case for you I would deem this to be a good wine at a great value, available at Wine-Searcher.com from $9.60.

Vote for my blog here and help me reach top 10 on The Blog Top!

No comments: