Thursday, February 22, 2007

Teuscher Chocolates

Valentine is a day I look forward to every year with great anticipation. Why? Its not the flowers, the food, or the champagne (although those are all great to), its the chocolate! For a couple of years now, my hubby has been giving me a box of Assorted Truffles from Teuscher Chocolates for Valentine's, and this is possibly THE BEST chocolate in the world.
Let me start with the story behind these divine chocolates.
It all started in the small town of Turbenthal in the Swiss alps a little bit over 70 years ago. Master chocolatier Dolf Teuscher started a small chocolate company that slowly grew over the years and finally moved to Zurich. He uses his very own recipe utilizing on the best quality ingredients, all of them 100% natural. The chocolates are still all made in Zurich to guaranty the quality, and are then shipped to Teuscher stores all over the world.


Their most famous chocolate creation is the Champagne Truffel (my favorite a well). Dolf Teuscher is the original inventor of this truffle and for over 20 years the only maker of it. As it got very popular and spread over the world a lot of other chocolate makers copied it and you can now see it everywhere. But non of them tastes as good as the Teuscher. Trust me, I have tried a lot of Champagne truffles and nothing can touch the original...
The Champagne Truffle is made of dark ganache filled with a French Champagne Cream and then covered in Milk or Dark Chocolate and finished off with a sprinkle of confectioner's sugar. This piece of truffle in velvety, rich, melt-in-your-mouth piece of heaven...
All of his other truffles are outrageously delicious as well. All with beautiful, intense chocolate flavor and incredibly smooth. A few of my other favorites I want to mention is the Milk and Dark Truffle. Simple, pure chocolate, mouth watering truffles. The Milk and Dark Buttercrunch has a crunchy shell filled with ganache and then dipped in chocolate. Delicious!
The best thing is that they come with a note recommending consumption within 10 days as they are all made of natural ingredients without any preservatives. That means that I have a perfect excuse to eat them all fast, fast without to much guilt...
Since Teuscher is only available in a few cities around the States like New York, San Francisco, Beverly Hills and Chicago, you most likely will have to have them shipped to you if you live outside these metropolitan areas (like I do). A box of 16 Champagne Truffles costs $34 before shipping, so this is not an inexpensive treats, but so worth it! If you are a chocolate lover like me, this is a must! So go out and get them and let me know what you think.

Vote for my blog here and help me reach top 10 on The Blog Top
You can vote once every 24 hours!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have an contact address to order this chocolate? It is describe so well by you I must send as gifts. Please help and we will mention you told us about it.

Thank you,

Lilly

From Bozeman Montana

Victoria said...

I am glad you liked my post. Their chocolate is truely amazing, and a must try for anyone who loves chocolate.
You can find the contact information at http://www.teuscher.com/northamerica.php
Choose the location closest to you and that will give you both an address and phone number.
Good Luck!