Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Long Meadow Ranch 2003 Peter's Vineyard Napa Valley Sangiovese

This wine has a bright, clear, dark, red color, with a hint of purple, in the glass. Promising on the nose with pleasant raspberry, a floral note, and slightly herbaceous (tarragon). On the palate though, it disappoints. Still some raspberry, tart berries, medium acidity and smooth tannins. This might not sound to bad, but it does miss any kind of punch, and comes across as thin, a little week, and has a short finish. I love Long Meadow Ranch and I am a LMR Corral Club member since several years, and always look forward to their shipments. I really enjoy their Cabernet Sauvignon, and it hurts me to say that this Sangiovese is not worth the $29 it retails for.
I would love to hear from you if you are of another opinion.

Vote for my blog here and help me reach top 10 on The Blog Top
Did you know that you can vote once every 24 hours?!

1 comment:

Karin W. said...

Hi from Sweden!
There are quite many wines from California at Systembolaget in Sweden. None of these. At least I couldn´t find any. The only Californian wine I am familiar to is Chill Out Lakes Shiraz (reasonable price and with a taste of vanilla and blackberry). The year of 2003 was not a good year for grapes at all.