Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Pied Violet 2002 Central Coast Merlot


Pied Violet literally means "purple foot" in French and refers to the old tradition on stomping grapes for the crush.
This 2002 Central Coast Merlot shows a dark red/purple color in the glass. On the nose dark cherry and plum with a whiff of spicy oak leaves an impression. Taking my first sip red and dark cherries with plum, spice and a touch of cranberry, hits me. Moderate acidity and soft, smooth tannins makes this wine extremely accessible and drinkable. Great on its own or pair it with some summer BBQ, like a pork tenderloin, not to spicy sausage, or a flank steak.

We received this wine as a gift (thanks Mindy!) and there is only one site online where I could find it available, WineShopAtHome.com. You can find it there for $15.50. When taking price into account I think this is a great soft/smooth, easy-to-drink, summer red, no greater complexity to it but not in any way to thin, that will prove to be a great crowd pleaser at any event.


Vote for my blog here and help me stay in top 10 on The Blog Top!
I have finally reached top 10 and I am now striving to reach top 5!

No comments: