Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kim Crawford Marlborough Pinot Noir 2005

After having the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc yesterday I just had to try their Pinot Noir to see if it has the same high quality. Their newest release is the 2005 and I found it in my local grocery store. This Pinot Noir has sweet, dark cherries and plum on the nose with a hint of sweet pea flower. The same dark, but not as sweet, fruit carries through to the palate with some red currant and moderate tannins that ends in a nice finish.
Now, as you know I thought the Sauvignon Blanc was spectacular for the price and the Pinot Noir is certainly a good wine at a good price as well, but my conclusion is that the Sauvignon Blanc is the one bottle out of the two you must try.
FYI: Rated 89 by Wine Enthusiast. Find it at www.wine-seacher.com or www.winezap.com from $11.99. Let me know what you think...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I really like the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc but will now have to try the Pinot.