Sunday, January 28, 2007

More New Zealand Pinot Noir...

We found the Sacred Hill 2004 White Cliff East Coast Pinot Noir from New Zealand at the franchise wine store Vino 100 a couple of weeks ago. Their concept is to feature 100 wines from all over the world, all of them under $25. I had never heard of, or had, this Pinot before, but at $19 I was willing to risk it.
This Pinot has a light red, translucent color in the glass. Medium dark fruit, strawberries and a floral hint on the nose. A little thin with dark fruit and red berries on the palate. Good acidity and tannins gives this wine a moderate finish.
I never quite got the whole "strawberry" nose/palate when it comes to Pinot Noir. But after having had this Pinot I finally got to experience it.
This Pinot was a little to "thin" for my taste, but never the less not a bad, or probably a pretty good Pinot, if this is the style you prefer. $15.99 at http://www.winezap.com/.

No comments: