Friday, March 02, 2007

Dashwood 2005 Marlborough Pinot Noir


I picked up the Dashwood 2005 Marlborough Pinot Noir at Enoteca Wine Shop in Calistoga, Napa Valley. I had not heard of, or had wines from this winery before, but at $9 for 375 ml I figured it was worth trying. Enoteca carries wine from small scale artisinal producers, from all over the world, and they are all hand picked by proprietor Margaux Singleton. Her passion about what she does is obvious as you visit her in the store.
The Dashwood Pinot Noir has a dark red/purple color in the glass. Not the typical color of a Pinot. On the nose I got dark cherries and fruit, and the palate revealed the dark cherries again with a spicy note, medium acidity and soft tannins. This is a fruity Pinot upfront but on the back palate it is thin and has a shorter fininsh than I expected.
This was only an OK Pinot to me, and lacked the traditional characteristics of a Pinot Noir. For the price of $14.99 at Wine-searcher.com, or at Winezap.com you get a 750 ml bottle. This is not a wine I will purchase again though, and for $15 you can definately find a better Pinot Noir...

Vote for my blog here and help me reach top 10 on The Blog Top
Did you know that you can vote once every 24 hours?!

No comments: