Thursday, March 22, 2007

Otella Lugana "La Creete" 2005


Otella is a family run winery located in the Lake Garda area of the Lugana region, situated in the Veneto province. This white Italian is made from 100% Turbiano (a clonal type of Trebbiano di Lugana) from 45 year old vines.
It has a pale straw color with a hint of green in the glass. On the nose some white floral with sweet honey apple, and tropical fruit. Still a very refreshing feeling on the nose. Medium bodied in the mouth with tropical fruit, citrus, clean, fresh acidity and grapefruit at the finish. I thought this wine was very good and refreshing. Know that my experience with Italian whites are very limited...
I found this wine at Trader Joe's for $15.99 but you can find it from $13.25 at Wine-Searcher.com.


Vote for my blog here and help me reach top 10 on The Blog Top
I am now in top 15!

No comments: