Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bonaccorsi 2002 Melville Vineyard Santa Rita Hills Pinot noir

Bonaccorsi rocks! I've said it before and I'll say it again... (Review here, here, and here.)
The Bonaccorsi 2002 Melville Vineyard Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir has a dark, dense reddish purple color in the glass. The very first moment you pour it in the glass and inhale, you get a whiff of strong cinnamon. That wears of almost immediately and after that I can not quite detect it again. Dark, ripe, cherries and fruit shows on the nose, with the dark cherries following the wine to the palate, accentuated by dark berries and pleasantly neutral, but very much existing, acidity, and firm tannins. This all wraps up in a nice clean finish with a trace of spice. This is a fruity but very much structured Pinot Noir with the pleasant fruit and berries that are not to overwhelmingly fruity or jammy. It has that nice fruit you are longing for in a slightly more elegant style...
Only 200 cases was made of this wine and the only place I can find it online today is at RaedersWines.com for $57.99. Pricy, but oh so good!

Vote for my blog here and help me reach top 10 on The Blog Top
I am now in top 11!


No comments: