Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Chateau de Segries 2005 Cote-du-Rhone


I picked up this little beauty at my local grocery store for only $9.99.
Chateau de Segries is owned and operated by the Hendri de Lanzac family since 1994. The Chateau is located in Lirac, just across the Rhone river from Chateauneuf du Pape, and the average age of the vines are over 30 years.
The 2005 Cote-du-Rhone Rouge is made from 50% Grenache, 30% Syrah, 10% Cinsault and 10% Carignan.
Dark red in the glass with black berry, dark fruit, and a hint of toast and vanilla on the nose.
Once in your mouth, full and round fruit with dark plum and slightly tart fruit. Nice acidity and smooth, well integrated, tannins, the palate ending in a medium length finish.
I thought this was a really nice wine for the price ($9.99). And it can be found at Wine-Searcher.com for only $8.99...

Vote for my blog here and help me reach top 10 on The Blog Top
I am now in top 15!

No comments: