Saturday, May 05, 2007

Hartley Ostini Hitching Post 2005 St. Rita's Earth Pinot Noir

Owners Frank Ostini and Gray Hartley

Thursday night we tried a new Pinot Noir from Hartley Ostini Hitching Post Winery. The 2005 St. Rita's Earth, Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir. The grapes for this wine comes from Sanford & Benedict, Fiddlestix and Clos Pepe Vineyards.

Medium dark red, cloudy color in the glass. On the nose red cherries and not overly ripe, dark fruit, with a hint of vanilla. On the palate the red cherry follows through with blue plum and berries. Medium acidity and some what firm tannins, in play with the fruit, gives this wine a long savory finish.
We really enjoyed this wine, but I would give it some time in the bottle, if even just 6 months or so, to settle down a little bit, and I think it will show even better.
Find it at Wine-Searcher.com from $29.99.


Vote for my blog here and help me reach top 10 on The Blog Top
I am now in top 11!

No comments: