Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sea Smoke Cellars 2004 Botella Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir


Tonight we are having a wine loving guest over and I opened the Sea Smoke Cellars 2004 Botella Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir. This is an absolute favorite since a couple of years back. Very hard to get a hold of unless you are willing to pay twice the price of original "retail price".
I was lucky to get a hold of a couple of bottles at $55 at a local wine shop when it was first released.

This wine displays a clear ruby red/purple color in the glass. The first thing that greets you on the nose is black cherries that opens way for the black berry, lingon berry and subtle oak.
Sipping this beauty you discover that there is more fruit/berries on the nose than on the palate, although it displays wonderful black cherry and black currant with a spicy note. It is well balanced with firm tannins and good acidity that provides a nice back bone. Full bodied with a long savory finish. Over all a great Pinot Noir that will last quite a few more years in the bottle! This was my last bottle and I wish I had some more.

For those of you that don't mind paying a big mark up, it can be found at Wine-Searcher.com from $104.95. No matter how delicious this was I can't get over the fact that that price should give me two bottles...


Vote for my blog here and help me reach top 10 on The Blog Top
I am now in top 11!



No comments: