Saturday, September 22, 2007

Cosentino Winery 2003 The Poet Meritage Napa Valley


This meritage consists of 56% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Cabernet Franc, and 18% Merlot. Each lot was aged separately in French oak for 30 months, then blended and bottled unfined.

The color in the glass is a very dark, clear, ruby red, whispering of intense fruit. Dark floral and tons of black liquorice greets you on the nose with black tea, blackberry and black currant. On the palate, more blackberry, black currant, cherry, oak, and semi firm, well integrated tannins that balances out the intense fruit well.
I thought this was a great full bodied blend that is big and intense but still well balanced and never goes out of hand on the fruit. Will age well for many years to come. I got it in a wine club shipment a while back at the cost of $65. You can find it at the wineries website at that price, or at Wine-Searcher.com from $39.99.


Vote for my blog here and help me stay in top 10 on The Blog Top! No longer any need to help me stay in top 10. I need your help to reach top 10 again! Been bumped down to number 11... Get me up there again!!! I miss it...

No comments: