Saturday, September 08, 2007

Plumpjack Estate 1999 Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon

We got half a case of the Plumpjack Estate 1999 Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon at their winery in Napa Valley when it was first released, and after drinking all of them but one bottle during the first two years it was now time to have the last bottle. We were expecting pretty good stuff and were not disappointed...
Dark cherry, dark raspberry, black currant and pencil lead on the nose made for a good beginning. On the palate, black currant, spice, and earthy mushrooms. It still has nice dark fruit and berries, and surprisingly high in tannins. I would have expected it to have mellowed out a little by now, but it is still going strong and drinks really well right now. Will definitely aged well for several more years to come...
If you want to give it a try you can find it online at Winezap.com from $ 95.99.


Vote for my blog here and help me stay in top 10 on The Blog Top! No longer any need to help me stay in top 10. I need your help to reach top 10 again! Been bumped down to number 11... Get me up there again!!! I miss it...

No comments: