Sunday, September 16, 2007

Jayson 2005 Wayfarer Vineyard Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir


This is Pahlmeyer's second label Jayson's first vintage of Pinot Noir. They also made a first vintage of Pinot Noir that is to be released in October this year under the Pahlmeyer label.
The Jayson Wayfarer Vineyard Sonoma Coast 2005 Pinot Noir has a dark, ruby red color in the glass and is slightly cloudy. On the nose it shows cherry, dark raspberry, blackberry and notes of fresh cut hay. This Pinot is huge on the palate with ripe dark raspberry, notes of cherry, tobacco and coffee. Big and chewy, this medium to full bodied Pinot has good acidity and rather big tannins, with a slightly elegant note to them. 14.9% alcohol.

This was a pricey Pinot Noir at $64.95 per bottle. Loving their Proprietary Red I just had to try their Pinot to see if it had the same high quality. I would definitely not hesitate to have this wine again but I would definitely put it away for a couple of years as it is very young at this point and will drink even better in the years to come with the big fruit given a chans to mellow out and leave room to the more elegant componants in this wine.
Find it at Wine-Searcher.com from $54.99.



Vote for my blog here and help me stay in top 10 on The Blog Top! No longer any need to help me stay in top 10. I need your help to reach top 10 again! Been bumped down to number 11... Get me up there again!!! I miss it...

No comments: