Saturday, June 09, 2007

Capiaux 2004 Garys' Vineyard Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir


After having the Capiaux 2005 Chimera Pinot Noir a while back I had to try the "one step up" pinot noir from them as well. They have several of the these and I picked the Garys' Vineyard having had many pinots , from other wineries, from this appellation before and always enjoying them.

This wine shows a slightly cloudy, dark ruby red/purple color in the glass. Aromas of dark and red cherry, raspberry, perfumy floral, and smoke, hits you on the nose. Tasting it, black currant, red cherries, and smokey oak, shows up. This is a medium to full-bodied wine with supple acidity and relatively smooth tannins with a long beautiful, complex, finish.

This is a really good pinot that I hope to enjoy many more times in the future. It is a great pinot if you do not like some of the "fruit bomb pinots" that are being made out there. It is very well balanced with great structure. Give it a try!
I bought this at a local wine store for $55. You can find it for as low as $40 at Vinfolio.com. I know it is kind of pricy, but definitely worth it.

Vote for my blog here and help me reach top 10 on The Blog Top
I am now in top 11!

No comments: