Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Long Meadow Ranch 2004 Ranch House Red Napa Valley


The Long Meadow Ranch 2004 Ranch House Red has a very dense, dark red color in the glass with a touch of cloudiness. On the nose black cherries, spice, earth, wet stone, and a hint of sherry like aromas. On the palate again the black cherry, with red cherry, black currant, and some peppery spice. Again a hint of that sherry quality, that I am not a fan of. The fruit is at first intense but loses strength quickly and gives way to tart tannins on the medium length finish.

This is not a wine I would recommend. I do not like the sherry associations I get on the nose and palate, and the wine is not very well balanced. For $19 I can easily find a wine that fits my palate better.


Vote for my blog here and help me stay in top 10 on The Blog Top!
I have finally reached top 10 and I am now striving to reach top 5!

No comments: