Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Step Rd. 2005 Black Wing South Australia Chardonnay

Only $9.99 at my local grocery store and with some great reviews, I just had to try this wine.



The Step Rd. 2005 Black Wing, South Australia, Chardonnay has a medium-light straw color with an ever so tiny hint of green in the glass. On the nose it shows ripe pear, citrus and pineapple. On the palate the pear shows up again with nice citrus and a hint of vanilla. The mouth feel is initially round with a slight buttery creaminess, that is washed away by the plentiful, fresh, mouth watering acidity. This is a medium bodied, to a certain extent ripe, but still "cooling", chardonnay with a really nice finish of lingering fruit and the acidity that holds it's grip until the very end.

I really liked this wine and plan to get some more for summer entertaining.
Find it at Wine-Searcher.com and WineZap.com from $9.99. This is a must try for the dollar spent!


Vote for my blog here and help me reach top 10 on The Blog Top
I am now in top 11!

No comments: