Sunday, November 19, 2006

Wine Spectator Great Wine Values, Part III


Out of the five bottles I picked up from the list in October's issue of Wine Spectator, it was the Australian Shiraz turn this evening (see Part II from yesterday for the other wines).
Dark ruby red in the glass, the Pirramimma 2003 McLaren Vale shows spicy berries, oak and a hint of sweet vanilla on the nose. On the palate you taste spicy, fat, dark fruit covering your tongue , but before you know it the strong tannins take over to end up in a long finish. This wine was rated 92 by Wine Spectator and I found it at BevMo for $21.99. This is unfortunately not a 92 for me... I do like big, fruity wine but this was just a little bit to much for me. It also had a slight unpleasant "off taste" that I can not put my finger on. But please do not get turned of by me. Give it a chance and let me know what your thoughts are...

No comments: