Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A wine to enjoy in front of the fireplace

We just left for Lake Tahoe today to spend Thanksgiving up here with family. I am right now sitting in front of the fireplace catching up on everything on my computer after today's traveling. It took me a frustrating 1 hour to get it to pick up the wireless connection here. Well, now I am connected and so much happier...
Me and my husband are having a nice little bottle of Laetitia Single Vineyard Les Galets Pinot Noir 2002 from Arroyo Grande Valley. It is a really nice big, full wine with dark berries, cherry and a hint of earth on the palate. The cherry is lingering with chunky tannins for a long finish. The winds howling outside our window, this was a perfect wine for warming up in front of the fireplace, paired with a lentil and beef stew.
$60 at http://www.laetitiawine.com/ (Rated 90 by Robert Parker and 92 by Wine Enthusiast)

No comments: